The freestanding Apex Surgical Center has opened in Westmoreland, N.Y., according to a Rome Sentinel report.
Here are five key points on the new surgery center.
1. Apex Surgical Center offers orthopedics, pain management and plastic surgery.
2. The center is a joint venture between Oneida (N.Y) Healthcare, Hamilton (N.Y) Orthopedic Surgery, Genesee Orthopedics & Plastic Surgery Associates in New Hartford, N.Y., and Spine & Skeletal Pain Medicine in Utica, N.Y.
3. Geoffrey Smith is the administrator of Apex Surgical Center, according to the report.
4. The surgery center houses four operating rooms and two pain management procedure rooms. The center has 15 employees, and 12 surgeons perform procedures at the ASC, according to the report.
5. During the certificate of need process, Rome (N.Y.) Memorial Hospital contested the project. Rome Memorial is a partner in Griffiss Eye Surgery Center in Rome.