The WHO Collaborating Centre for Patient Safety Solutions offers nine patient safety solutions designed to prevent patient harm by medication errors, infections and other types of adverse events.
1. Look-Alike, Sound-Alike Medication Names (PDF)
2. Patient Identification (PDF)
3. Communication During Patient Hand-Overs (PDF)
4. Performance of Correct Procedure at Correct Body Site (PDF)
5. Control of Concentrated Electrolyte Solutions (PDF)
6. Assuring Medication Accuracy at Transitions in Care (PDF)
7. Avoiding Catheter and Tubing Misconnections (PDF)
8. Single Use of Injection Devices (PDF)
9. Improved Hand Hygiene to Prevent Healthcare-Associated Infection (PDF)
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.