The Alliance to Advance Patient Nutrition offers a free nutrition care model and toolkit to improve patient outcomes and prevent avoidable readmissions through better nutritional support of patients.
The model includes three principles in each of two categories: principles to transform the hospital environment and principles to guide clinician action. The toolkit provides resources, such as fact sheets and educational tools, to help healthcare providers follow these principles.
Principles to transform the hospital environment
1. Create institutional culture.
2. Redefine clinicians' roles to include nutrition.
3. Communicate nutrition care plans.
Principles to guide clinician action
1. Recognize and diagnose all patients at risk.
2. Rapidly implement interventions and continued monitoring.
3. Develop discharge nutrition care and education plan.
Download the nutrition care model and toolkit for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 400 reports that link to free downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.