Immuron Limited began its phase I/II clinical study of IMM-529, a Clostridium difficile infection treatment.
Here's what you should know:
1. Immuron announced they secured the site initiation for the first-in-human, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of IMM-529 Monday.
2. Immuron is hoping to enroll 60 patients by September 2017.
3. Patients will receive IMM-529 or a placebo three times a day for 28 days. Researchers will monitor both subsets for two months searching for recurrence of disease.
4. Researchers are assessing the safety and tolerability of IMM-529. The secondary endpoint is measuring for efficacy.
5. Immuron expects top-line results by the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2018.