Perioperative information systems provider Surgical Information Systems acquired ASC software and services company SourceMed.
Here are five things to know:
1. The acquisition of SourceMed will broaden SIS' ambulatory portfolio, which includes the Amkai ambulatory products SIS acquired in 2014. The company serves hospital, ASC and ASC management company customers.
2. SourceMed developed AdvantX, Vision and SurgiSource, which are ASC business and clinical management solutions. The company also offers ASC advisory and revenue cycle services.
3. SIS will continue to invest in Amkai and SourceMed solutions, which together serve almost 3,000 hospitals and ASCs.
4. Formed in 1996, the SIS product suite is built specifically for perioperative environments and includes both hospital and ASC-focused solutions for perioperative EMR, anesthesia information management systems, ASC business management and business intelligence and analytics systems.
"The combination of talent from SIS, Amkai and SourceMed gives us unparalleled capabilities in meeting the unique needs of the perioperative IT market and is a major step toward achieving our stated vision to be the premier provider of perioperative information solutions," said SIS CEO Tom Stampiglia.
5. The terms of the agreement were not disclosed.