In an effort to increase transparency, Frisco, Texas-based Preston Surgery Center listed the cash prices for all procedures performed at the center on its website.
Here's what you should know:
1. The surgery center provided the alternate pricing model in an effort to combat unsustainable spending growth. The price includes anesthesia, surgeon and surgery center fees.
2. The center offers gastroenterology, orthopedic, pain management, podiatry, spine and electrophysiology procedures.
3. Here are the costs of some commonly performed procedures:
- Colonoscopy: $1,900
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy: $1,850
- Ankle fracture treatment: $8,168
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: $8,160
- Knee arthroscopy: $4,860
- Elbow arthroscopy: $3,714
- Ulnar nerve transposition: $3,336
- ACDF (level 2): $32,000
- ACDF (level 1): $22,000
- Laminectomy: $13,767
- Removal of spinal fixation: $13,767
- Microdiscectomy: $9,970