Thirty-three percent of physicians said they would most likely pursue a side gig to account for economic factors such as inflation, according to 2023 data from online networking service Doximity.
The medical professional networking platform released its "2023 Physician Compensation Report," tracking trends in physician pay, demand and more nationwide.
Here is how physicians answered the question, "How are you most likely to adjust for economic factors like inflation and Medicare fee schedule cuts?":
- Pursue a side gig: 33 percent
- No adjustment: 27 percent
- Pursue salary increase through current employer: 15 percent
- Increase patient caseload: 14 percent
- Pursue higher salary through employer change: 11 percent