Physician assistants have different pay rates based on the states and specialities in which they work, with the highest paid PA specialty being cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, according to a report from Kiiky Wealth.
In 2022, PAs made the most money working in Connecticut, Hawaii, Washington, Alaska and California, according to the report.
Eight highest paid physician's assistant specialties:
1. Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery: $125,000 a year
2. Pathology: $119,000 a year
3. Pain Medicine: $115,000 a year
4. Dermatology: $115,000 a year
5. Emergency medicine: $115,000 a year
6. Neurosurgery: $115,000 a year
7. Psychiatry: $115,000 a year
8. Surgical subspecialties: $115,000 a year