A new report from ResearchMoz examines the healthcare staffing market.
Here are seven key trends:
1. The U.S. healthcare staffing market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 13.7 percent through 2021.
2. The market will likely reach $28.3 billion in revenue by 2021.
3. The increase in U.S. population is driving the demand for healthcare staffing companies. The nurse shortage in the U.S. is increasing the demand for nurses in hospitals and community services; the demand is expected to grow 14 percent to 16 percent between 2015 and 2021.
4. The healthcare staffing industry is growing to take a strategic role in workforce solutions and impacts the U.S. economy through offering job opportunities to around 16 employees per year.
5. Around 55 percent of the nurse workforce is 50 years old or above, which means there will be around 526,800 nurses retiring over the next five years. The retiring nurses will also drive workforce demand.
6. The nurse employment workforce is expected to increase from 2.86 million in 2012 to 3.44 million in 2022, which will also boost demand in the home healthcare workforce, including nutritionists, therapists and home care aids.
7. The emerging vendors named in the report include Accountable Healthcare Staffing, Aya Healthcare, Favorite Healthcare Staffing, InGenesis, Healthcare Staffing Services, Medical Solutions, MedPartners, Parallon Workforce Management Solutions, Soliant Health, trustaff and Vista Staffing Solutions.