The HHS announced new moves to improve ACA marketplaces, according to The Hill.
Here are five points:
1. The new steps aim at improving the mix of healthy and sick marketplace enrollees, also called the risk pool.
2. A risk pool that is small and made up of more sick enrollees than healthy ones contributes to financial losses for insurers.
3. The financial losses are resulting in insurers increasing premiums.
4. One of the new steps includes cracking down on the use of short-term insurance policies.
5. Other steps include mitigating documentation problems that may prevent young people from enrolling and helping older people transition to Medicare.