DISC Sports & Spine Center in Marina del Rey, Calif., has signed an in-network agreement with Anthem Blue Cross. Here are five things to know about the new agreement and the spine center.
1. DISC signed an in-network network agreement with Anthem Blue Cross, the largest commercial payer in California, which will include both of its ambulatory surgery centers: Diagnostic and Interventional Surgical Center and DISC Surgery Center at Newport Beach.
2. The new agreement is effective immediately. "We are very pleased at the opportunity to work with Anthem Blue Cross in breaking some exciting new ground for patients," said DISC COO Karen Reiter. "Such an in-network relationship gives subscribers affordable access to superior healthcare while reducing the overall impact on an already taxed health system in America."
3. DISC struck in-network agreements with UnitedHealthcare and Aetna in 2010 and 2011, respectively.
4. DISC began negotiations with Anthem Blue Cross in 2013. The finalization of the agreement was pushed forward with help from the center's partner Surgical Care Affiliates.
5. DISC plans to expand its full-time and per diem staff by 25 percent to 35 percent to accommodate all future patients. DISC also plans to explore more in-network opportunities.