5 Ways to Boost Revenue With EHRs
A Healthcare Finance News article discusses five ways to increase revenue with electronic health resources.
• Use patient subscriptions. Allow the patients to stay connected with the practice by paying a small amount per day for a subscription.
• Use EHRs to share referral information in a timely manner. This will reduce the administrative back and forth with the referring physician's staff.
• Use EHRs when insurers request charts. EHRs enable the timely issuance of patient charts and reduce the administrative burden.
• Schedule virtual lunches with pharmacy reps. Practices can save time by scheduling 10 minutes with a pharmacy rep via a video conversation.
• Keep track of Meaningful Use. EHRs should enable the practice to track progress toward meeting the MU criteria.
Related Articles on Business Office / Accounting / HR:5 Things Preventing Physicians From Using Mobile Apps
3 Points on Negotiating Part-Time Employment Contracts in Medical Practices
Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure Doubles Physician Investigations
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Commission on Cancer Accredits Advocate Good Shepherd in Illinois
- 12 Statistics on GI Revenue per Case by Geographic Location
- Dr. Paul Greenberg Joins Context Matters Board of Advisers
- Will Ophthalmologists Stop Accepting Insurers that Pay Poorly? 42% Say Yes
- Atlanta Vision Institute Acquires iFS Advanced Femtosecond Laser