5 Ways to Boost Revenue With EHRs
Healthcare Finance News article discusses five ways to increase revenue with electronic health resources.
• Use patient subscriptions. Allow the patients to stay connected with the practice by paying a small amount per day for a subscription.
• Use EHRs to share referral information in a timely manner. This will reduce the administrative back and forth with the referring physician's staff.
• Use EHRs when insurers request charts. EHRs enable the timely issuance of patient charts and reduce the administrative burden.
• Schedule virtual lunches with pharmacy reps. Practices can save time by scheduling 10 minutes with a pharmacy rep via a video conversation.
• Keep track of Meaningful Use. EHRs should enable the practice to track progress toward meeting the MU criteria.
Related Articles on Business Office / Accounting / HR:5 Things Preventing Physicians From Using Mobile Apps
3 Points on Negotiating Part-Time Employment Contracts in Medical Practices
Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure Doubles Physician Investigations
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.