ASCs band together to form North Carolina Ambulatory Surgical Center Association: 4 key points
In North Carolina, community-based ASCs have teamed up to form the North Carolina Ambulatory Surgical Center Association.
Here are four key points:
1. Kelli Collins, vice president of operations at Deerfield, Ill.-based Surgical Care Affiliates, will be the association's president.
2. Raleigh, N.C.-based Compass Surgical Partners' President and CEO Sean Rambo will serve as NCASCA's secretary/treasurer.
3. Membership is eligible for any entity licensed as an ASC in North Carolina as well as physician practices that use ASCs. Throughout North Carolina, there are 118 licensed ASCs.
4. Next year, the association will hold its first meeting in Greensboro, N.C., and will launch a new website in January 2017.
"The formation of NCASCA will allow the state's ASCs to advocate on behalf of our community with a united voice before state licensure officials, the North Carolina Industrial Commission and the General Assembly," Ms. Collins said. "I look forward to working with ASC administrators throughout the state to promote the value of North Carolina's ASCs as a critical component of the healthcare delivery system."
More articles on surgery centers:
Tenet's adjusted EBITDA soars to $570M in Q3; AmSurg, Envision Healthcare shareholders approve merger & more — 5 key notes
10 new outpatient surgery centers in November 2016
Texas County Memorial Hospital to open $990.5k ASC; receives $150k grant — 6 things to know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 8 statistics on NP, PA salary and satisfaction
- 4 strategies for ASC leaders to successfully lead a team
- UnitedHealth Group pushes back expiration date on SCA offer exchange; Medical Facilities Corp. increases surgical volume by 7.6% in FY 2016 & more — 5 notes
- Nurse leadership primer: 20 key points on finding, supporting & being a great nurse leader
- GI leader to know: Dr. Brett Thorpe of Provo Gastroenterology