New Hanover Regional Medical Center Leases Unfinished ASCNew Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C., has leased a surgery center built by Novant Health, according to a Greater Wilmington Business Journal report.
The lease was signed on the 40,000-square-foot facility last week, which received a certificate of need in 2007. However, construction was stopped in 2010 due to economic strains and state regulators approved NHRMC's acquisition of Novant's interests to the project last year, according to the report.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Community Hospital Breaks Ground on Canyon View Surgery Center
6 Industry Experts Discuss Surgery Center Transactions Outlook for 2013
5 Ways to Boost Profits for Cash-Strapped ASCs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Study: Romney's Healthcare Reform Law Did Not Increase Hospital Use, Costs
- Value-Based Physician Compensation: How 2 Organizations Are Navigating It
- 100 Leaders of Great Hospitals in America
- 12 Statistics on ASC Administrator Salaries
- UnityPoint Health — Trinity Bettendorf to Open Pain Management Center