Florida's Mease Dunedin Hospital Renovates Surgery Center
Mease Dunedin Hospital in Dunedin, Fla., recently renovated it surgery center to include three integrated-technology operating rooms, according to a Tampa Bay Times report.
Averaging about 600 square feet, the new operating suites are more than double the size of previous operating rooms. Construction also includes a new pre-operative holding unit, a new operating room control desk, an anesthesia office and a conference center. A fourth operating suite, an endoscopy suite, a new PACU and a new anesthesia room are scheduled to open by the end of November.
The new surgical operating suites are part of a $19 million multi-phase expansion project that began in 2008, renovating 33,000 square feet of the hospital's main building and adding 4,000 square feet of new construction.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Former CMS Head Dr. Don Berwick Officially Running for Massachusetts Governor
- Report: 36% of Physicians Plan to Leave Medicine Within 10 Years
- 1st Annual Advanced Institute for Anesthesia Practice Management Will be April 2014
- Reports: Healthcare Spending to Stay Slow and Steady, Save Trillions
- Drs. Joseph Yu, Roddy McGee Join Mesa View Regional Hospital