The ambulatory surgery center market has grown to be a mature industry and as an industry matures perception of value changes. Here are 10 factors that ASC management and development companies consider to have a high impact on ASC value, according to VMG Health's 2011 ValueDriver ASC Survey.
• High non-physician owner case volume
• Specialty mix
• Contracting leverage
• High hospital employment of physicians in a center's market
• High competition in a market
• Heavy reliance on a single payer
• Location in a certificate of need market
• History of distributions to investors
• Facility age
• Capacity to accommodate growth
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
5 Recent Ambulatory Surgery Center Acquisitions & Facility Moves
Financial Risk & ASC Valuation: 25 Statistics
Physicians Realty Trust Acquires Atlanta MOB
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.