Toshiba Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Aquilion PRIME 80 Series CT System
Toshiba America Medical Systems has announced it has received FDA clearance of the company's Aquilion PRIME 80 series CT system, according to a news release.
The new system is the latest addition to Toshiba's Aquilion CT product line. It can generate 80 unique slices per rotation, with in-field upgradeability to 160 slices, according to the company. The system also features a 78 cm aperture gantry, which Toshiba said is the largest currently available in a high-end CT system.
"The PRIME 80 series is an example of how Toshiba constantly develops new technologies to improve safety in imaging and patient care," said Tim Nicholson, senior manager, market development, CT business unit, Toshiba, in the release. "Giving hospitals the opportunity to conduct advanced exams in mere seconds and grow clinical abilities based on patient needs results in improved patient care and overall departmental efficiency."
Toshiba America Medical Systems is based in Tustin, Calif.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How to Drive GI Center Growth Post Healthcare Reform: Q&A With Dr. Mark Noar
- Anesthesia Touch V4 Receives 2014 ONC-ACB EHR Certification by Drummond Group
- Top 10 Most-Read Patient Safety Tools Dec. 2-6, 2013
- Global Anesthesia Devices Market to Reach $8.1B by 2014
- FUJIFILM Medical Systems Showcases New Breast Imaging Workstation