CurveBeam Receives FDA 510(k) Approval for the pedCAT 3D Foot and Ankle Scanner
CurveBeam has announced it has received FDA 510(k) approval for pedCAT, an in-office 3D foot and ankle scanner, according to a news release from CurveBeam.
pedCAT uses cone Beam Computed Tomography technology to produce images of the foot and ankle region under true physiological weight-bearing conditions, according to the company.
"We are introducing this first of its kind modality to podiatric surgeons and orthopedic foot & ankle specialists with tremendous excitement and anticipation," said Arun Singh, CEO of CurveBeam, in the release. "pedCAT will give physicians immediate access to more precise and detailed views of foot conditions, and that will optimize their treatment planning for greater predictability of surgical outcomes."
CurveBeam is based out of Warrington, Pa.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:Devon Medical Products Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for extriCARE 2400 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About