CurveBeam Receives FDA 510(k) Approval for the pedCAT 3D Foot and Ankle Scanner
CurveBeam has announced it has received FDA 510(k) approval for pedCAT, an in-office 3D foot and ankle scanner, according to a news release from CurveBeam.
pedCAT uses cone Beam Computed Tomography technology to produce images of the foot and ankle region under true physiological weight-bearing conditions, according to the company.
"We are introducing this first of its kind modality to podiatric surgeons and orthopedic foot & ankle specialists with tremendous excitement and anticipation," said Arun Singh, CEO of CurveBeam, in the release. "pedCAT will give physicians immediate access to more precise and detailed views of foot conditions, and that will optimize their treatment planning for greater predictability of surgical outcomes."
CurveBeam is based out of Warrington, Pa.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:Devon Medical Products Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for extriCARE 2400 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition