Natus Medical Completes Acquisition of CareFusion's Neurodiagnostic Business
Natus Medical has completed its acquisition of the Nicolet neurodiagnostic business from CareFusion, according to a news release.
The acquisition was announced in April. Nicolet was acquired for a cash purchase price of approximately $58 million.
The Nicolet business develops clinically differentiated neurodiagnostic and monitoring products, including a portfolio of electroencephalography and electromyography systems and related accessories, as well as vascular and obstetric doppler sensors and connectivity products.
"The Nicolet acquisition strengthens our leadership position in neurodiagnostic and monitoring products," said Jim Hawkins, CEO of Natus, in the release. "The Nicolet portfolio of electroencephalography and electromyography systems and related accessories, as well as vascular and obstetric doppler sensors and connectivity products, will allow us to bring additional value to our customers as well as adding to our customer base around the world."
Related Articles on Company Acquisitions:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About