Natus Medical to Acquire CareFusion's Neurodiagnostic Business
CareFusion has announced it will sell its Nicolet neurodiagnostic business to Natus Medical for a cash purchase price of approximately $58 million, according to a news release.
The Nicolet business develops clinically differentiated neurodiagnostic and monitoring products, including a portfolio of electroencephalography and electromyography systems and related accessories, as well as vascular and obstetric doppler sensors and connectivity products.
"The decision to divest the Nicolet business is in line with our strategy to simplify and focus our operations and prioritize our investments to profitably grow over the long term," said Kieran Gallahue, chairman and CEO of CareFusion, in the release. "We have a dedicated team in the Nicolet business that will have greater scale and access to broader market opportunities as part of Natus."
The acquisition is expected to close in July.
Related Articles on Company Acquisitions:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers