Hitachi Receives FDA Clearance for Echelon Oval MR System
Hitachi has announced it has received FDA clearance for its Echelon Oval 1.5T Ultra-Wide MR system, according to a news release.
Echelon Oval features a 74 cm oval bore, which Hitachi says is the widest in the industry. The company says the increased space, as well as increased visibility, will be of particular benefit to claustrophobic and anxious patients.
"With the evolving changes in health care delivery putting ever more emphasis on patient comfort and satisfaction, Echelon Oval re-shapes expectations for MR imaging," said Sheldon Schaffer, vice president and general manager, MR and CT, in the release.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:Great Basin Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for C. Difficile Test
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers