GE Healthcare Acquires X-ray Equipment Manufacturer
GE Healthcare has announced it has acquired XPRO, a Brazilian interventional X-ray equipment manufacturer company, according to a news release.
XPRO will become a part of GE Healthcare's detection and guidance solutions business.
"We are very excited to welcome XPRO to GE," said Hooman Hakami, president and CEO, GE Healthcare - detection and guidance solutions, in the release. "XPRO is a company with strong talent and capability and is well known in Brazil for delivering product and services, with both quality and value. This acquisition is very complementary to our existing product portfolio and helps to enhance a set of products that allow our global customers -particularly those in emerging markets-to build minimally invasive capability, increase patients access to MIS, while also reducing costs."
Terms of this transaction were not disclosed.
Related Articles on Company Acquisitions:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies