Study: Communities With Quality Improvement Initiatives Had Larger Drop in Readmissions
Journal of the American Medical Association.
Researchers compared rehospitalization and hospitalization rates for Medicare beneficiaries in 14 communities where Quality Improvement Organizations led quality improvement initiatives with the rates in 50 communities that did not have these initiatives.
Click here to read the full story on readmissions and quality improvement in Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
ASCA Encourages AHRQ ASC Patient Safety Program ParticipationRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA