Study: Communities With Quality Improvement Initiatives Had Larger Drop in Readmissions
Journal of the American Medical Association.
Researchers compared rehospitalization and hospitalization rates for Medicare beneficiaries in 14 communities where Quality Improvement Organizations led quality improvement initiatives with the rates in 50 communities that did not have these initiatives.
Click here to read the full story on readmissions and quality improvement in Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Going from good to great: Why ASCs still need to improve infection controlRead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting