Sample MRSA Policy
To address circumstances when a surgery center encounters patients with a known history of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) or those who are currently infected with it, the Laser Spine Institute developed a MRSA policy as part of its infection control manual.
The policy focuses on these two patient groups, as well as patients returning to an ambulatory surgery center with a surgical site infection following surgery at the ASC.
To download a copy of this policy you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (pdf).
Source: Laser Spine Institute
Read about more valuable infection control and quality tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- What it Takes to Be a Thriving Orthopedic & Spine Practice in the Coming Years
- Dr. Tejal Raju Joins Virginia Interventional Pain and Spine Center
- ACOs, Population Health, Affiliation Among Topics for Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 10 Keys to Effective Internal ASC Claim Audits
- 6 Ophthalmology Devices Receive FDA 510(k) Clearance in January & February