Sample MRSA Policy
To address circumstances when a surgery center encounters patients with a known history of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) or those who are currently infected with it, the Laser Spine Institute developed a MRSA policy as part of its infection control manual.
The policy focuses on these two patient groups, as well as patients returning to an ambulatory surgery center with a surgical site infection following surgery at the ASC.
To download a copy of this policy you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (pdf).
Source: Laser Spine Institute
Read about more valuable infection control and quality tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- CMS launches 2 new patient engagement models
- 10 key trends in employers offering insurance benefits
- OrthoGeorgia surgeons perform 1st MAKO partial knee replacement in a Georgia ASC: 5 things to know
- Orlando Health's ambulatory care center makes da Vinci robotic system permanently available
- AAAHC accredits Mississippi Urology Outpatient Surgery Center: 4 key notes