Sample MRSA Policy
To address circumstances when a surgery center encounters patients with a known history of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) or those who are currently infected with it, the Laser Spine Institute developed a MRSA policy as part of its infection control manual.
The policy focuses on these two patient groups, as well as patients returning to an ambulatory surgery center with a surgical site infection following surgery at the ASC.
To download a copy of this policy you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (pdf).
Source: Laser Spine Institute
Read about more valuable infection control and quality tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 16 statistics on Medicare cases in ASCs resulting in subsequent hospital visits
- 90% of physicians report career satisfaction with career choice — 5 key points
- Trump administration proposes $1.2B NIH funding cut: 5 things to know
- GI leader to know: Dr. Iryna Hepburn of WellSpan Health
- Leader Surgical Center now AAAHC-accredited: 3 insights