Sample MRSA Policy
To address circumstances when a surgery center encounters patients with a known history of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) or those who are currently infected with it, the Laser Spine Institute developed a MRSA policy as part of its infection control manual.
The policy focuses on these two patient groups, as well as patients returning to an ambulatory surgery center with a surgical site infection following surgery at the ASC.
To download a copy of this policy you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (pdf).
Source: Laser Spine Institute
Read about more valuable infection control and quality tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
ASC nightmare: Wrong-site surgery & what to do about itRead Now
- 12 tips to negotiate a deal more effectively
- ASC stock report — 5 key company updates
- New EndoChoice slim scope, US Endoscopy distribution agreement & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- VisionCare completes financing for commercialization of telescope implant
- House committee chairmen release joint statement on ICD-10 implementation