Sample MRSA Policy
To address circumstances when a surgery center encounters patients with a known history of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) or those who are currently infected with it, the Laser Spine Institute developed a MRSA policy as part of its infection control manual.
The policy focuses on these two patient groups, as well as patients returning to an ambulatory surgery center with a surgical site infection following surgery at the ASC.
To download a copy of this policy you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (pdf).
Source: Laser Spine Institute
Read about more valuable infection control and quality tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- LifeBond's surgical sealant kit receives FDA IDE approval: 4 things to know
- What is the evidence for using FMT to treat IBD? 5 insights
- Saint Francis Healthcare System adds Dr. Jason Conway: 3 observations
- Premise Health receives AAAHC accreditation for health centers: 5 key notes
- Humana to leave most ACA exchanges after losing $1B: 5 notes