Sample MRSA Policy
To address circumstances when a surgery center encounters patients with a known history of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) or those who are currently infected with it, the Laser Spine Institute developed a MRSA policy as part of its infection control manual.
The policy focuses on these two patient groups, as well as patients returning to an ambulatory surgery center with a surgical site infection following surgery at the ASC.
To download a copy of this policy you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (pdf).
Source: Laser Spine Institute
Read about more valuable infection control and quality tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Malnourished patients more likely than morbidly obese patients to face complications after orthopedic procedures, study findsRead Now
- Succeed as a new manager: 5 tips
- How to turn ASC staffing from a cost-center into a value center — 8 key steps
- Healthcare services M&A: 10 key trends
- AAOS selects Medline Industries as distribution partner
- Did the ASC industry end the year with a bang or a bust? 50 things to know about 4Q, year-end financial results