Sample MRSA Policy
To address circumstances when a surgery center encounters patients with a known history of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) or those who are currently infected with it, the Laser Spine Institute developed a MRSA policy as part of its infection control manual.
The policy focuses on these two patient groups, as well as patients returning to an ambulatory surgery center with a surgical site infection following surgery at the ASC.
To download a copy of this policy you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (pdf).
Source: Laser Spine Institute
Read about more valuable infection control and quality tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Patient Safety Tool: American Sentinel University's HAI Prevention E-Book for NursesRead Now
- ASA Affiliates Receive American Society of Association Executives' Power of A Award
- New Physician Buy-In: 4 Trends for Joint Venture ASCs
- Surgery Center of Kenai Opens, Seeks Transfer Agreement
- University of Rochester Medicine to Open ASC in August
- Dr. Brennan Spiegel to Lead New Cedars-Sinai Research, Education Center