Sample MRSA Policy
To address circumstances when a surgery center encounters patients with a known history of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) or those who are currently infected with it, the Laser Spine Institute developed a MRSA policy as part of its infection control manual.
The policy focuses on these two patient groups, as well as patients returning to an ambulatory surgery center with a surgical site infection following surgery at the ASC.
To download a copy of this policy you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (pdf).
Source: Laser Spine Institute
Read about more valuable infection control and quality tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 4 things to know about Boston Scientific's improved Resolution Clip device
- HHS secretary proclaims SC Medicaid expansion inevitable: 3 notes
- Dr. Iswanto Sucandy joins Florida Hospital Physician Group: 4 takeaways
- AAAHC accredits the University of California Merced's H. Rajender Reddy Health Center: 4 thoughts
- Outpatient Surgery Center of Hilton Head sells for $8M: 4 takeaways