Rep. Questions Kathleen Sebelius on Plans for ASC Quality Reporting
In a follow-up to an HHS hearing on health reform, Subcommittee Chairman Rep. Joe Pitts (R-Pa.) submitted questions to Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on topics including quality reporting by ambulatory surgery centers, according to an ASC Association release.
The subcommittee has asked Secretary Sebelius for information on whether CMS will issue a rule this year establishing an ASC quality reporting program for 2012.
The subcommittee is also seeking assurance that any proposed reporting system is not overly burdensome and asking CMS to work with the ASC industry to facilitate broad participate by ASCs regardless of size, specialty or level of sophistication.
Read more about the ASC Association.
Read more about ASC quality reporting:
-Making Patient Safety Initiatives Profitable
-Drug Resistant Bacteria Moves From East Coast to Los Angeles
-Institute of Medicine Issues Reports on Standards for Clinical Practice Systematic Reviews
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition