Rep. Questions Kathleen Sebelius on Plans for ASC Quality Reporting
The subcommittee has asked Secretary Sebelius for information on whether CMS will issue a rule this year establishing an ASC quality reporting program for 2012.
The subcommittee is also seeking assurance that any proposed reporting system is not overly burdensome and asking CMS to work with the ASC industry to facilitate broad participate by ASCs regardless of size, specialty or level of sophistication.
Read more about the ASC Association.
Read more about ASC quality reporting:
-Making Patient Safety Initiatives Profitable
-Drug Resistant Bacteria Moves From East Coast to Los Angeles
-Institute of Medicine Issues Reports on Standards for Clinical Practice Systematic Reviews
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About