Patient Safety Tool: Perioperative Nurse Competency Checklist
The checklists ensure registered nurses are competent in the areas of perioperative procedures, safety/infection control, equipment management, care protocols and communication/documentation. The checklists also specify method of instruction and method of evaluation.
The first checklist is catered to registered nurses in the post-anesthesia care unit and the second check list for registered nurses in the operating room.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Patient Safety:6 Key Infection Control Best Practices for Inpatient and Outpatient Settings
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- LifeBond's surgical sealant kit receives FDA IDE approval: 4 things to know
- What is the evidence for using FMT to treat IBD? 5 insights
- Saint Francis Healthcare System adds Dr. Jason Conway: 3 observations
- Premise Health receives AAAHC accreditation for health centers: 5 key notes
- Humana to leave most ACA exchanges after losing $1B: 5 notes