Patient Safety Tool: Perioperative Nurse Competency Checklist
The checklists ensure registered nurses are competent in the areas of perioperative procedures, safety/infection control, equipment management, care protocols and communication/documentation. The checklists also specify method of instruction and method of evaluation.
The first checklist is catered to registered nurses in the post-anesthesia care unit and the second check list for registered nurses in the operating room.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Patient Safety:6 Key Infection Control Best Practices for Inpatient and Outpatient Settings
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Pediatric dental, medical procedures performed in single visit reduce anesthesia exposure: 5 study insights
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease associated with $103B in annual medical costs: 3 study insights
- AGA launches patient education platform for IBD, pregnancy concerns: 3 notes
- 3 things to know about Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey's accreditation
- GI leader to know: Dr. R. David Shepard of Florida Medical Clinic