Patient Safety Tool: Patient Discharge Instruction Form
The Nebraska Hospital Association offers a free, downloadable patient instruction form to help patients better manage their health post-discharge.
The hospital association obtained the forms from the Critical Access Hospital Network, which is comprised of hospitals across the state, including Brown County Hospital in Ainsworth; Tri Valley Health System in Cambridge; Gothenburg (Neb.) Memorial Hospital; Valley County Health System in Ord and Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney.
The instruction form allows the patient to see a list of medications and when to take them; scheduled appointments; physical activities; wound incision care; dietary restrictions and more.
Download the Critical Access Hospital Network's patient discharge instruction form (DOC) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:Jennifer Hadley Named Director of Quality for Siouxland Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers