Patient Safety Tool: Patient Discharge Instruction Form
The Nebraska Hospital Association offers a free, downloadable patient instruction form to help patients better manage their health post-discharge.
The hospital association obtained the forms from the Critical Access Hospital Network, which is comprised of hospitals across the state, including Brown County Hospital in Ainsworth; Tri Valley Health System in Cambridge; Gothenburg (Neb.) Memorial Hospital; Valley County Health System in Ord and Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney.
The instruction form allows the patient to see a list of medications and when to take them; scheduled appointments; physical activities; wound incision care; dietary restrictions and more.
Download the Critical Access Hospital Network's patient discharge instruction form (DOC) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:Jennifer Hadley Named Director of Quality for Siouxland Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Patient safety tool: American Sentinel University's HAI prevention e-book for nursesRead Now
- 12 ASCs With Innovative Cost-Cutting Initiatives
- MEDNAX acquires Associated Anesthesiologists of Joliet, 3 related entities
- Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center first ASC in Northwest to perform total hip replacement: 3 things to know
- Orlando Health, USPI partner in ownership of University Surgical Center
- Ophthalmologist Dr. Glenn Campbell to open single-specialty Virginia ASC