Patient Safety Tool: Healthcare Personnel Immunization Toolkit
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology offers a free "Healthcare Personnel Immunization Toolkit" to help infection preventionists develop, implement and evaluate a healthcare personnel immunization program.
The toolkit, published in 2012, includes multiple resources, such as checklists and sample documents, for vaccine storage, handling and administration, documentation and program evaluation. Guidance in the toolkit is based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention through the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee.
Download the Healthcare Personnel Immunization Toolkit for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 400 reports that link to free downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations.
More Articles on Healthcare Worker Immunization:
7 Recommendations for ASC, Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting Requirements
Study: Mandate With Consequences Boosts Hospital Staff's Flu Shot Rate
Study: Less Than 0.2% of Employees Leave Due to Mandatory Flu Shot Policy
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 5 things to know about Pres. Trump's executive order addressing the ACA
- Should Medicare allow total joints in ASCs? Q&A with Drs. Barry Waldman, Derek Johnson
- 84% of medical personnel are unsure of MACRA's requirements, survey finds: 3 takeaways
- Healthcare plan vanishes from WhiteHouse.gov after President Donald Trump takes oath
- Christ Hospital's dispute with St. Elizabeth Healthcare over $24M ASC may wage on for years