Patient Safety Tool: Healthcare Personnel Immunization Toolkit
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology offers a free "Healthcare Personnel Immunization Toolkit" to help infection preventionists develop, implement and evaluate a healthcare personnel immunization program.
The toolkit, published in 2012, includes multiple resources, such as checklists and sample documents, for vaccine storage, handling and administration, documentation and program evaluation. Guidance in the toolkit is based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention through the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee.
Download the Healthcare Personnel Immunization Toolkit for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 400 reports that link to free downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations.
More Articles on Healthcare Worker Immunization:
7 Recommendations for ASC, Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting Requirements
Study: Mandate With Consequences Boosts Hospital Staff's Flu Shot Rate
Study: Less Than 0.2% of Employees Leave Due to Mandatory Flu Shot Policy
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Olympus under fire: Internal emails reveal US execs told not to issue warning about possible fatal scope infection — 10 takeaways
- 6 key concepts for smart staffing at ASCs
- 5 trends in the surgery center & emergency center markets
- NeuroSpine Institute of Orlando’s Global Microsurgical Center of Orlando receives accreditation: 5 key notes
- Australia awards 1st patent for MRSA detection technology: 5 key points