Patient Safety Tool: Emergency Preparedness Assessment Tool From NJHA
The New Jersey Hospital Association provides a free emergency preparedness assessment tool to help hospitals assess their plans for preventing, responding to and recovering from an emergency.
The "Healthcare Emergency Management Plan Readiness Assessment Tool" includes checklists for the nine emergency situations identified by the New Jersey Healthcare Emergency Codes project. The nine situations include infant/child abduction, adult medical emergency, security/patient elopement, hazmat situation, fire, hostage situation, disaster situation, pediatric medical emergency and bomb/bomb threat.
Download the Healthcare Emergency Management Plan Readiness Assessment Tool for use in your own facility.
Note: This tool was created by the NJHA for educational purposes only. Please review your facility's policies, accreditation standards and state and federal agency requirements before adapting and using the resource in your organization.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Increasing number of opioid-related hospitalizations impacts healthcare costs — 5 points
- US physicians still don't see the need for celiac disease screening — 5 takeaways
- Dr. Sven Hida performs Albany Medical Center's 1st POEM procedure — 5 highlights
- Diluted apple juice found to be helpful in treating children with mild gastroenteritis — 5 points
- Gastroenterologist to know: Dr. Lawrence Brandt of Albert Einstein Medical College