Patient Safety Tool: CDC's Checklist for Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship Programs
The checklist includes elements that have been shown to be helpful in improving antibiotic use in studies. Facilities using the checklist should involve knowledge staff in the checklist process to ensure that all the principles and actions necessary to improve antibiotic use are in place.
Download the checklist for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Quality:Despite Guidelines, Antibiotics Prescribed at High Rate for Bronchitis
New Pathogen-Identification Method Leads to Cost Savings: Study
Kaiser South Sacramento Patients Potentially Exposed to Whooping Cough
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia works to decrease opioid usage: 3 notes
- FDA clears Pure-Vu System for intra-procedural colon cleaning: 3 notes
- FDA approves STELARA for Crohn's disease treatment: 5 notes
- AGA objects to American Board of Internal Medicine's certification proposals: 4 notes
- Dr. Simon Rabinowitz named a Who's Who by Marquis: 5 takeaways