Infection Prevention Week: 10 Ways to Protect Patients From Infection
1. Clean your hands both before and after patient care.
2. Use gloves correctly.
3. Get your shots, and ensure those close to you also get vaccinated.
4. Follow the rules of isolation.
5. Follow safe injection practices: one needle, one syringe, one time.
6. Prioritize patient identification: right drug, right time, right dose.
7. Maintain clean patient rooms and equipment.
8. Know when antibiotic use is not appropriate.
9. Wear clothing that will not become an infection source.
10. Know about the infection preventionist(s) at your institution.
More Articles on Quality:
Patient Safety Tool: Infection Prevention and You
PCORI Targets Awards Program Towards Unexpected Allies
The Joint Commission: 5 Steps to Handling a Sentinel Event
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Optimizing Patient Collections in the ACA Era
- Cleveland Clinic anesthesiologist Dr. Marc Feldman found dead in motel: 5 things to know
- AGA, other societies express concerns about alternate payment model adoption to CMS: 4 notes
- 4 insights on increasing anesthesia use in outpatient GI procedures
- 10 statistics on annual & hourly pay for ophthalmologists