CMS Releases Proposed Quality Reporting Guidelines for ASCs
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services recently proposed guidelines for Medicare's new quality reporting program.
Proposed requirements for the ASC Quality Reporting Program relate to the measures that were finalized for the CYs 2014, 2015 and 2016 payment determinations in the CY 2012 Outpatient Prospective Payment System/ASC Payment System final rule.
Specifically, CMS is proposing new administrative, data completeness and extraordinary circumstance waivers or extension request requirements, as well as a reconsideration process. ASCs that fail to report quality data or to comply with these requirements will face a 2.0 percentage point reduction in their annual payment update for that payment determination year, beginning in CY 2014. Data collection for the CY 2014 payment determination will begin with services furnished on Oct. 1.
Access CMS' proposed guidelines for the ASC quality reporting program through the ASC Association here.
Related Articles on ASC Quality:
Woman Awarded $775K After Developing Flesh Eating Bacteria
2 Patients Fatally Overdosed From Infusion Pumps at St. Luke's
Senate Committee Passes Bipartisan FDA Reauthorization Bill
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Business Analytics for Healthcare Organizations: Maximize Information While Minimizing Efforts
- Dr. Brian Cole of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Travels to Kenya on Mission Trip
- Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine to Break Ground on Expansion
- Advanced Pain Management Joins California Pain Network
- 3 Focus Areas for Developing the Clinical Environment for New Services