CMS Releases Proposed Quality Reporting Guidelines for ASCs
Proposed requirements for the ASC Quality Reporting Program relate to the measures that were finalized for the CYs 2014, 2015 and 2016 payment determinations in the CY 2012 Outpatient Prospective Payment System/ASC Payment System final rule.
Specifically, CMS is proposing new administrative, data completeness and extraordinary circumstance waivers or extension request requirements, as well as a reconsideration process. ASCs that fail to report quality data or to comply with these requirements will face a 2.0 percentage point reduction in their annual payment update for that payment determination year, beginning in CY 2014. Data collection for the CY 2014 payment determination will begin with services furnished on Oct. 1.
Access CMS' proposed guidelines for the ASC quality reporting program through the ASC Association here.
Related Articles on ASC Quality:
Woman Awarded $775K After Developing Flesh Eating Bacteria
2 Patients Fatally Overdosed From Infusion Pumps at St. Luke's
Senate Committee Passes Bipartisan FDA Reauthorization Bill
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- ASC Landscape in 2014 & Beyond: Healthcare Reform's Biggest Threats, Opportunities
- 4 Steps to Include in Your ICD-10 Transition Plan
- Physicians: 6 Tips for Managing an Online Reputation
- HSHS Medical, Sangamon Associated Anesthesiologists Collaborate for Enhanced Surgical Services in Illinois
- New England Baptist Outpatient Care Center Goes Live With Anesthesia Touch