ASCA Introduces Free Medicare Quality Reporting Toolkit
To help surgery centers meet requirements for Medicare's new ASC quality reporting program, ASCA has developed a free Medicare quality reporting toolkit, available for download here.
ASCA will also mail free print copies of these materials to all Medicare-certified ASCs in late August or early September.
The toolkit, sponsored by GHN-Online and McKesson, includes materials such as:
• a timeline of important dates and events;
• a list of the quality data G-codes ASCs will need to use to report certain data;
• a list of frequently asked questions;
• required safe surgery checklist information; and
• a sample CMS-1500 claim form that shows where your ASC will be submitting most of its quality data reports.
ASCA encourages all ASCs to look over the materials to ensure preparation for the new program's requirements. Surgery centers that fail to comply will face reductions in their Medicare payments in the future, and when CMS publicizes the reports, good outcomes will strength ASCs' reputations in their communities.
Access ASCA's Government Affairs Update e-newsletter here.
Related Articles on ASC News:
Pain Specialists of Charleston to Break Ground on Outpatient Facility
10 Pain Centers Planned, Built or Introducing Procedures
10 Good Ideas to Grow Single Specialty Surgery Center Case Volume
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Study: Romney's Healthcare Reform Law Did Not Increase Hospital Use, Costs
- Value-Based Physician Compensation: How 2 Organizations Are Navigating It
- 100 Leaders of Great Hospitals in America
- 12 Statistics on ASC Administrator Salaries
- UnityPoint Health — Trinity Bettendorf to Open Pain Management Center