4 Risk Factors for Immediate Use Sterilization
For the study, researchers conducted a retrospective study on 104 adult hip and knee arthroplasty cases in which immediate use steam sterilization was used and 81 adult hip and knee arthroplasty cases in which it was not used.
A multivariate analysis showed the following four factors increase the risk of immediate use steam sterilization:
1. History of malignancy
3. The procedure took place on Monday
4. The procedure was performed in operating room 13
The researchers also found performing procedures in the morning may mitigate the risk of immediate use steam sterilization.
More Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories: Aug. 22-Aug. 26
- 52% of coders assign codes based on documentation, regardless of physician query: 5 things to know
- iPads vs. sedative for pediatric patients before surgery: 5 things to know (hint: iPad wins)
- 10 Things to Know About Adenoma Detection
- The Jackson Laboratory & bioMérieux team up to create precision diagnostics for infectious diseases: 4 points