4 Risk Factors for Immediate Use Sterilization
For the study, researchers conducted a retrospective study on 104 adult hip and knee arthroplasty cases in which immediate use steam sterilization was used and 81 adult hip and knee arthroplasty cases in which it was not used.
A multivariate analysis showed the following four factors increase the risk of immediate use steam sterilization:
1. History of malignancy
3. The procedure took place on Monday
4. The procedure was performed in operating room 13
The researchers also found performing procedures in the morning may mitigate the risk of immediate use steam sterilization.
More Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- SourceMed, Change Healthcare partner on outpatient medical billing services: 5 key points
- Change Healthcare and SourceMed partner in order to create integrated billing solutions for outpatient providers
- 5 risks ASC owners face when they don't have a succession plan
- 5 things to know about AAAHC's Dr. Arnaldo Valedon
- Global capsule endoscopy market to grow at CAGR 14.8% until 2020: 5 trends