4 Risk Factors for Immediate Use Sterilization
For the study, researchers conducted a retrospective study on 104 adult hip and knee arthroplasty cases in which immediate use steam sterilization was used and 81 adult hip and knee arthroplasty cases in which it was not used.
A multivariate analysis showed the following four factors increase the risk of immediate use steam sterilization:
1. History of malignancy
3. The procedure took place on Monday
4. The procedure was performed in operating room 13
The researchers also found performing procedures in the morning may mitigate the risk of immediate use steam sterilization.
More Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Drs. Rusha Modi, Steven M. Schwarz & more — 3 GI physicians in the headlines
- CVS' Adrenaclick® auto-injector to hit the market
- Trump's take on pharmaceutical companies: 'Getting away with murder'
- GI leader to know: Dr. Shekhar Challa of Kansas Medical Clinic
- Surgeons rank as #1 highest-paying job in these 16 states