4 Risk Factors for Immediate Use Sterilization
American Journal of Infection Control.
For the study, researchers conducted a retrospective study on 104 adult hip and knee arthroplasty cases in which immediate use steam sterilization was used and 81 adult hip and knee arthroplasty cases in which it was not used.
A multivariate analysis showed the following four factors increase the risk of immediate use steam sterilization:
1. History of malignancy
3. The procedure took place on Monday
4. The procedure was performed in operating room 13
The researchers also found performing procedures in the morning may mitigate the risk of immediate use steam sterilization.
More Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
The emotional impact of a medical errorRead Now
- Anesthesia technology degree program comes to Illinois
- Thousands of patients see data stolen from New Jersey hospital: 6 things to know
- The emotional impact of a medical error
- 12 California hospitals pay $775k in penalties from California Department of Public Health
- The biggest issues facing orthopedic surgeons today