The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Staff Education Tool: Moderate Sedation Study Aid Poster
The VA National Center for Patient Safety has developed a free, downloadable moderate sedation study aid poster based upon work done at the Durham VAMC Patient Safety Center of Inquiry.
This two-page summary includes key elements of moderate sedation practice. It may be posted for practitioners in all sites where moderate sedation is administered.
Key elements addressed include the following:
- Airway evaluation
- Continuum of sedation
- Pre-procedural evaluation
Download the VA's moderate sedation study aid poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Moderate Sedation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
How to Make Accreditors Happy: Keep Current Handbook HandyRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers