Staff Education Tool: Moderate Sedation Study Aid Poster
The VA National Center for Patient Safety has developed a free, downloadable moderate sedation study aid poster based upon work done at the Durham VAMC Patient Safety Center of Inquiry.
This two-page summary includes key elements of moderate sedation practice. It may be posted for practitioners in all sites where moderate sedation is administered.
Key elements addressed include the following:
- Airway evaluation
- Continuum of sedation
- Pre-procedural evaluation
Download the VA's moderate sedation study aid poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Moderate Sedation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Mindray launches product for increased visualization, needle detection in anesthesia: 3 notes
- Embarrassment may be to blame for underdiagnosis of GI conditions: 5 study insights
- Boston Scientific unveils Resolution 360 Clip; Fujifilm launches next generation endoscopy system & more: 3 GI company key notes
- GI leader to know: Dr. Thomas E. Trouillot of Colorado Gastroenterology
- 4 things to know about Kentucky's Graves Gilbert Clinic accreditation