Staff Education Tool: Moderate Sedation Study Aid Poster
The VA National Center for Patient Safety has developed a free, downloadable moderate sedation study aid poster based upon work done at the Durham VAMC Patient Safety Center of Inquiry.
This two-page summary includes key elements of moderate sedation practice. It may be posted for practitioners in all sites where moderate sedation is administered.
Key elements addressed include the following:
- Airway evaluation
- Continuum of sedation
- Pre-procedural evaluation
Download the VA's moderate sedation study aid poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Moderate Sedation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Paragon Group to develop MOB, ASC in Florida: 3 things to know
- Dr. Tara Talwar joins St. Anthony's at Tesson Gastroenterology Specialists
- Proposed 2017 budget addresses Medicare coinsurance for screening colonoscopy: 3 quick points
- CMS clarifies final overpayment rule: 5 things to know
- Joint Commission names Dr. Ronald Wyatt patient safety officer — 5 key notes