Staff Education Tool: Moderate Sedation Study Aid Poster
The VA National Center for Patient Safety has developed a free, downloadable moderate sedation study aid poster based upon work done at the Durham VAMC Patient Safety Center of Inquiry.
This two-page summary includes key elements of moderate sedation practice. It may be posted for practitioners in all sites where moderate sedation is administered.
Key elements addressed include the following:
- Airway evaluation
- Continuum of sedation
- Pre-procedural evaluation
Download the VA's moderate sedation study aid poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Moderate Sedation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- LifeBond's surgical sealant kit receives FDA IDE approval: 4 things to know
- What is the evidence for using FMT to treat IBD? 5 insights
- Saint Francis Healthcare System adds Dr. Jason Conway: 3 observations
- Premise Health receives AAAHC accreditation for health centers: 5 key notes
- Humana to leave most ACA exchanges after losing $1B: 5 notes