Staff Education Tool: Inventory List of Sharps Devices
The Sustainable Hospitals Program, located within the University of Massachusetts Lowell, Department of Work Environment, and part of The Lowell Center for Sustainable Production, offers free, downloadable guidelines for how to make an inventory list of sharps devices.
The guidelines explain how to make the list, why an organization might need such a list and what it might look like in the form of an exclusion list and a comprehensive list of sharps devices used in a facility.
Download SHP's guidelines on making an inventory list of sharps devices (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Non-Medicaid expansion states could gain up to $27.9B in savings by expanding program: 4 takeaways
- Senate committee advances vote on Trump's FDA pick Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- GI leader to know: Dr. Michael Sagatelian of Palmetto Digestive Health Specialists
- Drs. Todd Baron & Kevin Collier: 2 GI physicians in the headlines
- New Century Spine and Outpatient Surgical Institute installs Indigo-Clean disinfecting lights