The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Staff Safety Tool: Checklist for Sharps Injury Prevention
The University of Virginia, International Health Care Worker Safety Center, provides a free, downloadable checklist intended to help facilities comply with the sharps safety requirements of OSHA's bloodborne pathogens standard.
The checklist addresses requirements in areas including the following:
- Sharps safety devices
- IV fusion
Download the International Health Care Worker Safety Center's checklist for sharps injury prevention (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
CMS Proposes Fire Safety UpdateRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers