Staff Safety Tool: Checklist for Sharps Injury Prevention
The University of Virginia, International Health Care Worker Safety Center, provides a free, downloadable checklist intended to help facilities comply with the sharps safety requirements of OSHA's bloodborne pathogens standard.
The checklist addresses requirements in areas including the following:
- Sharps safety devices
- IV fusion
Download the International Health Care Worker Safety Center's checklist for sharps injury prevention (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers