Staff Safety Tool: Checklist for Sharps Injury Prevention
The University of Virginia, International Health Care Worker Safety Center, provides a free, downloadable checklist intended to help facilities comply with the sharps safety requirements of OSHA's bloodborne pathogens standard.
The checklist addresses requirements in areas including the following:
- Sharps safety devices
- IV fusion
Download the International Health Care Worker Safety Center's checklist for sharps injury prevention (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Mednax acquires Nevada ophthalmology practice: 5 things to know
- Kenny Hancock joins Partners Surgical Corp. as chief business development officer: 4 key points
- Replaced Olympus duodenoscopes tied to new bacterial outbreak in overseas facility: 6 key notes
- Are municipal bonds right for you?
- Remedy Partners reports 7.7% episode of care savings through voluntary bundled payment models: 5 insights