Staff Safety Tool: Checklist for Sharps Injury Prevention
The University of Virginia, International Health Care Worker Safety Center, provides a free, downloadable checklist intended to help facilities comply with the sharps safety requirements of OSHA's bloodborne pathogens standard.
The checklist addresses requirements in areas including the following:
- Sharps safety devices
- IV fusion
Download the International Health Care Worker Safety Center's checklist for sharps injury prevention (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Joint Commission approved multidose eye drop technique saves healthcare dollarsRead Now
- 12 tips to negotiate a deal more effectively
- ASC stock report — 5 key company updates
- New EndoChoice slim scope, US Endoscopy distribution agreement & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- VisionCare completes financing for commercialization of telescope implant
- House committee chairmen release joint statement on ICD-10 implementation