Staff Safety Tool: Checklist for Sharps Injury Prevention
The University of Virginia, International Health Care Worker Safety Center, provides a free, downloadable checklist intended to help facilities comply with the sharps safety requirements of OSHA's bloodborne pathogens standard.
The checklist addresses requirements in areas including the following:
- Sharps safety devices
- IV fusion
Download the International Health Care Worker Safety Center's checklist for sharps injury prevention (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Francis Chan of Gastroenterology Center of Connecticut
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories – Week of Sept. 28 to Oct. 2
- Dr. Patricia Jumelle joins Sparks Clinic Pain Management: 3 quick facts
- Heavier hip, knee replacement patients have lower blood transfusion rates: 4 insights
- People with chronic diseases more likely to monitor health by apps: 4 takeaways