The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Staff Safety Tool: Checklist for Sharps Injury Prevention
The University of Virginia, International Health Care Worker Safety Center, provides a free, downloadable checklist intended to help facilities comply with the sharps safety requirements of OSHA's bloodborne pathogens standard.
The checklist addresses requirements in areas including the following:
- Sharps safety devices
- IV fusion
Download the International Health Care Worker Safety Center's checklist for sharps injury prevention (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies