The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Staff Education Tool: 'Do Not Crush' List (Oral Dosage Forms That Should Not be Crushed)
The Institute for Safe Medication Practices provides a free, downloadable list of oral dosage forms that should not be crushed.
Sometimes known as the "Do Not Crush" list, it was developed and is maintained by John F. Mitchell, PharmD, FASHP, a medication safety consultant in Canton, Mich.
The most recent edition was updated April 7.
Use this list as a teaching tool and also ensure it is available as a reference for your staff members to help prevent errors and ensure that medications are used safely.
Download the Do Not Crush list (pdf) provided by ISMP.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medication Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies