The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Staff Education Tool: Display Board of Sharps Devices
The Sustainable Hospitals Program, located within the University of Massachusetts Lowell, Department of Work Environment, and part of The Lowell Center for Sustainable Production, offers free, downloadable guidelines for how — and why — to make a display board of sharps devices.
The guidelines identify four reasons why organizations would want to make such a display, provide an example of a small display board and then provide eight steps to make a display board.
Download SHP's guidelines on making a sharps devices display board (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
ACS releases possible Ebola case OR protocolRead Now
- 14 ASC joint venture benefits & challenges
- Inpatient utilization expected to continue dropping
- 4 tips to addressing physician credentialing with payers during an acquisition
- New Bradley ASC may move orthopedics in 2 years
- Bridging the generational gap: Understanding older & younger surgeon perspectives