Staff Safety Tool: Needlestick Injury Prevention Assessment Tool
The World Health Organization provides a free, downloadable needlestick injury prevention assessment tool.
WHO describes the 10-page tool as a "combined tool for assessing the safety of injections, suturing, phlebotomy, intravenous access (insertion of IV and piggybacks), and needlestick injury prevention strategy among healthcare workers (injection providers and healthcare waste handlers)."
Download the WHO's needlestick injury prevention assessment tool (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
5 key trends for successful ASCs to know from AAAHC CEO Stephen Martin Jr.Read Now
- Dr. Julie Servoss: A GI tech must-have
- GI society roundtable: Putting together the game plan for potential colonoscopy cuts
- 5 critical steps to developing an ASC risk management program
- Researchers reconstruct ancient virus to enhance gene therapy — 5 notes
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Jacques Van Dam of USC's Keck School Medicine