Staff Safety Tool: Needlestick Injury Prevention Assessment Tool
The World Health Organization provides a free, downloadable needlestick injury prevention assessment tool.
WHO describes the 10-page tool as a "combined tool for assessing the safety of injections, suturing, phlebotomy, intravenous access (insertion of IV and piggybacks), and needlestick injury prevention strategy among healthcare workers (injection providers and healthcare waste handlers)."
Download the WHO's needlestick injury prevention assessment tool (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Dr. Megan Olejniczak to travel to Rwanda as part of medical mission trip: 4 notes
- 4 GI physicians in the news – Oct. 9, 2015
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. James Dimitroff of St. Louis Gastroenterology Consultants
- 10 things to know about medical malpractice
- SCA stock trades down 5.9%: 3 things to know