Staff Safety Tool: Needlestick Injury Prevention Assessment Tool
The World Health Organization provides a free, downloadable needlestick injury prevention assessment tool.
WHO describes the 10-page tool as a "combined tool for assessing the safety of injections, suturing, phlebotomy, intravenous access (insertion of IV and piggybacks), and needlestick injury prevention strategy among healthcare workers (injection providers and healthcare waste handlers)."
Download the WHO's needlestick injury prevention assessment tool (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Weston Outpatient Surgical Center recognized for high standardsRead Now
- Dr. Michael Hicks to serve as UNT Health Science Center's EVP of clinical affairs
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Brett Bernstein of Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- 6 must-reads on GERD diagnosis & treatment
- New Mexico Laser Eye Center to open this spring
- FUJIFILM SonoSite, Floating Doctors launches new video series