Staff Safety Tool: Needlestick Injury Prevention Assessment Tool
The World Health Organization provides a free, downloadable needlestick injury prevention assessment tool.
WHO describes the 10-page tool as a "combined tool for assessing the safety of injections, suturing, phlebotomy, intravenous access (insertion of IV and piggybacks), and needlestick injury prevention strategy among healthcare workers (injection providers and healthcare waste handlers)."
Download the WHO's needlestick injury prevention assessment tool (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 5 things to know about Pres. Trump's executive order addressing the ACA
- Should Medicare allow total joints in ASCs? Q&A with Drs. Barry Waldman, Derek Johnson
- 84% of medical personnel are unsure of MACRA's requirements, survey finds: 3 takeaways
- Healthcare plan vanishes from WhiteHouse.gov after President Donald Trump takes oath
- Christ Hospital's dispute with St. Elizabeth Healthcare over $24M ASC may wage on for years