The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Staff Safety Tool: Needlestick Injury Prevention Assessment Tool
The World Health Organization provides a free, downloadable needlestick injury prevention assessment tool.
WHO describes the 10-page tool as a "combined tool for assessing the safety of injections, suturing, phlebotomy, intravenous access (insertion of IV and piggybacks), and needlestick injury prevention strategy among healthcare workers (injection providers and healthcare waste handlers)."
Download the WHO's needlestick injury prevention assessment tool (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Burnout Reported More Frequently in Ambulatory Physicians
- US Endoscopy Releases Respa O2 Delivery Bite Block for GI Procedures
- American Medical Systems Announces 510(k) FDA Clearance for RetroArc Retropubic Sling System
- Vanderbilt University Receives $3M to Expand Anesthesia Training Program in Kenya
- PhyMed Becomes Anesthesia Services Provider for TriStar Skyline Medical Center