Staff Safety Tool: Needlestick Injury Prevention Assessment Tool
The World Health Organization provides a free, downloadable needlestick injury prevention assessment tool.
WHO describes the 10-page tool as a "combined tool for assessing the safety of injections, suturing, phlebotomy, intravenous access (insertion of IV and piggybacks), and needlestick injury prevention strategy among healthcare workers (injection providers and healthcare waste handlers)."
Download the WHO's needlestick injury prevention assessment tool (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Ambulatory Surgical Center Quality and Access Act of 2017 introduced in House: 5 key notes
- GI leader to know: Dr. Saleem Desai of Los Angeles Gastroenterology Institute
- Brookings Ambulatory Surgery Center earns AAAHC accreditation: 3 notes
- Capital Digestive Care adds Dr. Darryn Potosky: 3 notes
- Adults with disabilities screened less often for colorectal cancer: 4 study insights