Patient Safety Tool: Patient Handover Toolkit From the Royal College of Physicians
The Royal College of Physicians, based in London, has published a free, downloadable toolkit focusing on patient handovers.
The toolkit provides "a framework for standardization of clinical handover practice, audit and monitoring of the process and defining accountability and responsibilities in the process ... [It] defines the principles behind good handover practice, what the handover framework should contain and the specific elements within each handover that need to be carried out to avoid mistakes."
The toolkit includes a template for a handover form and other tools and guidance on handovers.
Read the news release on the RCP handover toolkit which includes links to download the full toolkit and free handover templates.
Note: View our database providing 75-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- BioSpine Institute adds Dr. M. Nicholas Perenich: 4 takeaways
- Anthem threatens to leave exchanges, implement double-digit premiums if subsidies end
- Opioid abuse drops when providers check patients' past prescriptions: 4 things to know
- AMA implores Congress to reject amended Republican healthcare bill: 4 notes
- GI leader to know: Dr. James Schnell of Palmetto Digestive Health Specialists