Patient Safety Tool: Patient Handover Toolkit From the Royal College of Physicians
The Royal College of Physicians, based in London, has published a free, downloadable toolkit focusing on patient handovers.
The toolkit provides "a framework for standardization of clinical handover practice, audit and monitoring of the process and defining accountability and responsibilities in the process ... [It] defines the principles behind good handover practice, what the handover framework should contain and the specific elements within each handover that need to be carried out to avoid mistakes."
The toolkit includes a template for a handover form and other tools and guidance on handovers.
Read the news release on the RCP handover toolkit which includes links to download the full toolkit and free handover templates.
Note: View our database providing 75-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Why ASCs should prioritize personalities in staff recruitment: Select Physicians Surgery Center's administrator shares insight
- AAAHC names Dr. Vicky Gordon interim president & CEO: 3 notes
- Emergent BioSolutions receives contract for Zika vaccine: 4 things know
- Obama administration to update Medicare Part B payment proposal, but will this be enough to squash opposition?
- Illinois Department of Insurance approves $37B Aetna, Humana merger: 4 key points