The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: 10 Hand Hygiene Posters for Clinical Staff From the Department of Veteran Affairs
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has developed numerous posters which provide information on hand hygiene and are available as a free download.
To help your organization raise hand hygiene awareness among its clinical staff, which includes clinic and hospital staff who work with patients and are familiar with technical healthcare terminology, such as nurses, doctors, trainees and other health professionals, here are links to download 10 different VA-developed posters targeted at clinical staff. Note: Links to posters are named based on the core message of the poster, and all are in PDF format.
5. Save Time
Organizations are encouraged to print these posters on 8.5" x 11" paper using a standard office printer. The VA suggests posting these posters in meeting/conference Rooms, staff lounges, staff restrooms and on bulletin boards.
Note: View our database providing 75-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other provider organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Eisenberg Award applications open August 1Read Now
- 100 things for ASC leaders to know in 2014
- 6 valuable ASC financial reports you're likely not running
- Patient safety tool: Qualis Health's online toolkit for engaging patients in infection control
- 18 Sheridan anesthesiologists to serve on Florida Society of Anesthesiology's board of directors
- Board-administrator relationship is important: Q&A with Longmont Surgery Center's Angie Blankinship