Patient Safety Tool: Model Transfer Form for Nursing Facility to Emergency Department/Hospital
The Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services provides a free, downloadable and interactive (fillable) model form for to facilitate information sharing when individuals move between hospitals and nursing facilities.
The model form provides a single page for the nursing facility to enter information useful to the hospital upon transfer of the resident/patient to the hospital and a single page on which the hospital will enter treatment and contact information for use by the nursing facility upon the resident's/patient's transfer back to the nursing facility.
While this summary refers to use of the form by nursing facilities, the form can be used for transfers to and from other settings, including assisted living facilities.
Download the model transfer form (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 115-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Transfers:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Harbin Clinic's Endoscopy Center achieves 3-year accreditationRead Now
- Joint Commission, National Quality Forum give 3 patient safety, quality awards
- Foundation HealthCare CEO to present at the ROTH Capital Partners 27th Annual Growth Stock Conference
- FDA clears 4 GI/endoscopy devices in February
- UCLA patient sues Olympus, Boston Scientific product earns FDA clearance & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Hashem El-Serag of Baylor College of Medicine