Patient Safety Tool: 'Ensuring Correct Surgery' Poster From the Department of Veteran Affairs
The Department of Veteran Affairs National Center for Patient Safety has published a free, downloadable poster to help ensure correct surgery.
The poster — titled "Ensuring Correct Surgery in the Veterans Health Administration" — provides five steps providers should take during three times in the surgical process: 1) days to hours before surgery; 2) just before entering the OR; and 3) immediately prior to surgery,
Note: View our database providing more than 100 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Wrong-Site Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Boston Scientific EVP sells 35k shares: 3 notes
- MACRA proposed rule release: 4 ways it will affect gastroenterologists
- Early diuretic therapy for cirrhotic ascites patients lowers 90-day mortality rate: 4 insights
- Anesthesiologist net worth 2016: 5 statistics
- How the evolving ASC industry changes the joint venture game