Patient Safety Tool: 'Ensuring Correct Surgery' Poster From the Department of Veteran Affairs
The Department of Veteran Affairs National Center for Patient Safety has published a free, downloadable poster to help ensure correct surgery.
The poster — titled "Ensuring Correct Surgery in the Veterans Health Administration" — provides five steps providers should take during three times in the surgical process: 1) days to hours before surgery; 2) just before entering the OR; and 3) immediately prior to surgery,
Note: View our database providing more than 100 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Wrong-Site Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Surgery Partners acquires Riverside Pain Physicians; Cantor Fitzgerald analyst claims AmSurg's latest merger leaves its ASC business' future hanging in the balance & more — 6 key notes on ASC companies
- 6 best injection practices for your healthcare facility
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories: June 20 — June 24
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Hemant Roy of Boston Medical Center
- Dr. Paul Levy joins Mountain Medical Associates: 3 points