Patient Safety Tool: 'Ensuring Correct Surgery' Poster From the Department of Veteran Affairs
The Department of Veteran Affairs National Center for Patient Safety has published a free, downloadable poster to help ensure correct surgery.
The poster — titled "Ensuring Correct Surgery in the Veterans Health Administration" — provides five steps providers should take during three times in the surgical process: 1) days to hours before surgery; 2) just before entering the OR; and 3) immediately prior to surgery,
Note: View our database providing more than 100 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Wrong-Site Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Mednax acquires Nevada ophthalmology practice: 5 things to know
- Kenny Hancock joins Partners Surgical Corp. as chief business development officer: 4 key points
- Replaced Olympus duodenoscopes tied to new bacterial outbreak in overseas facility: 6 key notes
- Are municipal bonds right for you?
- Remedy Partners reports 7.7% episode of care savings through voluntary bundled payment models: 5 insights