Patient Safety Tool: 'Ensuring Correct Surgery' Poster From the Department of Veteran Affairs
The Department of Veteran Affairs National Center for Patient Safety has published a free, downloadable poster to help ensure correct surgery.
The poster — titled "Ensuring Correct Surgery in the Veterans Health Administration" — provides five steps providers should take during three times in the surgical process: 1) days to hours before surgery; 2) just before entering the OR; and 3) immediately prior to surgery,
Download the ensuring correct surgery poster (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 100 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Wrong-Site Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Streamlining the Life Safety Code® SurveyRead Now
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology