Patient Safety Tool: 'Ensuring Correct Surgery' Poster From the Department of Veteran Affairs
The Department of Veteran Affairs National Center for Patient Safety has published a free, downloadable poster to help ensure correct surgery.
The poster — titled "Ensuring Correct Surgery in the Veterans Health Administration" — provides five steps providers should take during three times in the surgical process: 1) days to hours before surgery; 2) just before entering the OR; and 3) immediately prior to surgery,
Download the ensuring correct surgery poster (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 100 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Wrong-Site Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
AAAHC IQI names Dr. Thomas James III, Donna Read Norton to board — 5 things to knowRead Now
- Anesthesia technology degree program comes to Illinois
- Thousands of patients see data stolen from New Jersey hospital: 6 things to know
- The emotional impact of a medical error
- 12 California hospitals pay $775k in penalties from California Department of Public Health
- The biggest issues facing orthopedic surgeons today