Patient Safety Tool: 'Ensuring Correct Surgery' Pamphlet From the Department of Veteran Affairs
The Department of Veteran Affairs National Center for Patient Safety has published a free, downloadable pamphlet for patients called "Ensuring Correct Safety."
The two-page brochure is intended to help patients understand what will happen before their surgery and how doctors and nurses are taking steps to make sure that everything goes as planned.
The pamphlet provides an overview of the surgical process, provides questions patients may want to consider asking to better understand their surgery and also provides a section for patients to identify medications they are taking and any allergies.
Download the Ensuring Correct Surgery pamphlet (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 75-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other provider organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Surgical Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Joint Commission, National Quality Forum give 3 patient safety, quality awardsRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Douglas Faigel of Mayo Clinic
- Continuous PPI use increases risk of C. Diff recurrence, study finds
- Dr. Claude Brunson receives 2015 Diversity Educator of the Year award
- 3 things to know about healthcare informatics and its adoption
- GI practice 10 years from now: 5 gastroenterologists forecast the future of the specialty