Patient Safety Tool: 'Ensuring Correct Surgery' Pamphlet From the Department of Veteran Affairs
The Department of Veteran Affairs National Center for Patient Safety has published a free, downloadable pamphlet for patients called "Ensuring Correct Safety."
The two-page brochure is intended to help patients understand what will happen before their surgery and how doctors and nurses are taking steps to make sure that everything goes as planned.
The pamphlet provides an overview of the surgical process, provides questions patients may want to consider asking to better understand their surgery and also provides a section for patients to identify medications they are taking and any allergies.
Download the Ensuring Correct Surgery pamphlet (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 75-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other provider organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Surgical Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Zacks weighs in on Tenet shares — 3 notes
- 4 key points on NYU Langone Medical Center & Winthrop-University Hospital's affiliation & their growing ASC network
- Top 10 states with the highest HIV diagnoses rates
- 5 things to know about the new healthcare scam linked to the ACA
- Auditors claim Obama administration illegally distributed payments to payers under ACA reinsurance program — 5 key points