Patient Safety Tool: 'Ensuring Correct Surgery' Pamphlet From the Department of Veteran Affairs
The Department of Veteran Affairs National Center for Patient Safety has published a free, downloadable pamphlet for patients called "Ensuring Correct Safety."
The two-page brochure is intended to help patients understand what will happen before their surgery and how doctors and nurses are taking steps to make sure that everything goes as planned.
The pamphlet provides an overview of the surgical process, provides questions patients may want to consider asking to better understand their surgery and also provides a section for patients to identify medications they are taking and any allergies.
Download the Ensuring Correct Surgery pamphlet (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 75-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other provider organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Surgical Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
WSJ Article urges patients to be informed about anesthesiaRead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting