Patient Education Tool: 'Hand Hygiene Saves Lives' Patient Admission Video
The CDC offers a free, downloadable video which organizations can use to help teach two key points to hospital patients and visitors to help prevent infections: the importance of practicing hand hygiene while in the hospital and that it is appropriate to ask or remind their healthcare providers to practice hand hygiene as well.
Modeled after the video that airline passengers are required to view prior to take-off on a flight, this video is intended to be shown to patients upon admission to an organization. The goal is that the video will inform patients at the beginning of their stay about what they can do to help prevent infections throughout the duration of their stay.
The video begins with a brief introduction on healthcare-associated infections. It is narrated by a nurse character named Gayle who stresses the importance of hand hygiene for both patients as well as healthcare providers.
The video is available in English, in long and short versions, and Spanish.
Download the long English version by clicking here (mp4).
Download the short English version by clicking here (mp4).
Download the Spanish version by clicking here (mp4).
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- AANA stands in support of Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 3 notes
- White House promotes initiatives for Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 5 notes
- 1st ASC earns The Joint Commission's advanced certification: 3 notes on Ohio Specialty Surgical Suites
- Kenneth Rainin Foundation awards $3M in IBD research grants: 5 notes
- US Sen. Susan Collins honored for CRC screening initiatives: 3 notes