Patient Education Tool: 'Hand Hygiene Saves Lives' Patient Admission Video
The CDC offers a free, downloadable video which organizations can use to help teach two key points to hospital patients and visitors to help prevent infections: the importance of practicing hand hygiene while in the hospital and that it is appropriate to ask or remind their healthcare providers to practice hand hygiene as well.
Modeled after the video that airline passengers are required to view prior to take-off on a flight, this video is intended to be shown to patients upon admission to an organization. The goal is that the video will inform patients at the beginning of their stay about what they can do to help prevent infections throughout the duration of their stay.
The video begins with a brief introduction on healthcare-associated infections. It is narrated by a nurse character named Gayle who stresses the importance of hand hygiene for both patients as well as healthcare providers.
The video is available in English, in long and short versions, and Spanish.
Download the long English version by clicking here (mp4).
Download the short English version by clicking here (mp4).
Download the Spanish version by clicking here (mp4).
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Surgery Partners' EBITDA reaches $40M, Medical Facilities reports a 90% payout ratio & more— 5 key notes on ASC companies
- 10 new outpatient surgery centers in November
- Independent practice, bundled payments & Medicare reimbursement — Key thoughts on GI centers in 2016 from Physicians Endoscopy CEO Barry Tanner
- Leader in stem-cell research expands in New York — 5 key facts
- Mississippi to cover obesity-related costs — 5 things to know