Staff Education Tool: Hand Hygiene Training Course From CDC
The CDC provides a free, web-based hand hygiene training course.
The course, and associated promotional materials, reviews key concepts of hand hygiene and other standard precautions to prevent healthcare-associated infections.
Topics addressed include:
- What are standard precautions?
- Why is hand hygiene important?
- Why are standard precautions important?
- What are some other concerns surrounding standard precautions?
The course also provides questions about hand hygiene which participants are required to answer to promote thought about current practices and to encourage proper hand hygiene.
To participate in the training course, visit the CDC Hand Hygiene Resource webpage.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Joint Commission video promotes patient educationRead Now
- Fujifilm's ground breaking technology
- 3 ASCs that aced accreditation surveys
- U.S. Anesthesia Partners adds Anesthesia Consultants of Dallas
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Ashwin Ananthakrishnan of Massachusetts General Hospital
- Postop NSAIDs increases anastomotic complication risk among colorectal resection patients, study finds