Staff Education Tool: Hand Hygiene Training Course From CDC
The CDC provides a free, web-based hand hygiene training course.
The course, and associated promotional materials, reviews key concepts of hand hygiene and other standard precautions to prevent healthcare-associated infections.
Topics addressed include:
- What are standard precautions?
- Why is hand hygiene important?
- Why are standard precautions important?
- What are some other concerns surrounding standard precautions?
The course also provides questions about hand hygiene which participants are required to answer to promote thought about current practices and to encourage proper hand hygiene.
To participate in the training course, visit the CDC Hand Hygiene Resource webpage.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Optimizing Patient Collections in the ACA Era
- Cleveland Clinic anesthesiologist Dr. Marc Feldman found dead in motel: 5 things to know
- AGA, other societies express concerns about alternate payment model adoption to CMS: 4 notes
- 4 insights on increasing anesthesia use in outpatient GI procedures
- 10 statistics on annual & hourly pay for ophthalmologists