Staff Education Tool: Hand Hygiene Training Course From CDC
The CDC provides a free, web-based hand hygiene training course.
The course, and associated promotional materials, reviews key concepts of hand hygiene and other standard precautions to prevent healthcare-associated infections.
Topics addressed include:
- What are standard precautions?
- Why is hand hygiene important?
- Why are standard precautions important?
- What are some other concerns surrounding standard precautions?
The course also provides questions about hand hygiene which participants are required to answer to promote thought about current practices and to encourage proper hand hygiene.
To participate in the training course, visit the CDC Hand Hygiene Resource webpage.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Streamlining the Life Safety Code® SurveyRead Now
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology