Las Vegas Anesthesiologist Launches Hangover Cure Business
A Las Vegas anesthesiologist has launched a traveling business that promises to cure patients' hangovers in less than an hour, according to a CBS News report.
Jason Burke, MD, offers to hydrate patients with hangovers at popular Las Vegas hotels via a large bus with two lounge areas and six bunks. Dr. Burke's business offers three treatment options: the "salvation" treatment provides patients with get intravenous hydration, vitamin supplements and anti-nausea and anti-inflammatory medications for $200; the "redemption" treatment offers intravenous hydration for $130; and the "in-room treatment" option involves the full combination of hydration and medications in the patient's hotel room for $500, with an optional price of $375 for each additional friend.
Dr. Burke's medications are all FDA approved, and the business offers fully-trained medical staff and medical services. "It's not an inexpensive service to provide, especially to do it well," he said.
Related Articles on Anesthesia:15 Statistics on Anesthesiologist Compensation
Study Links Neuromuscular Blockers to Post-op Breathing Problems
California Society of Anesthesiologists Pushes Back on CRNA Ruling
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition