Anesthesia Group Acquisition Activity Grows in 2013
report in The Deal Pipeline.
The anesthesia space is consolidating quickly, according to Dougherty & Co. analyst Brooks O’Neil, and large practice management companies are experiencing competition for acquiring anesthesiology groups. Continental Anesthesia, a private equity-backed company, plans to expand its practice to 150 physicians.
Mednax and Team Health are also actively acquiring small practices and several deals have been announced during the second half of 2013. Private Equity firms are also interested in the anesthesia space, according to the report.
More Articles on Anesthesiology:
North Carolina Society of Anesthesiology Elects Dr. Frank Sutton Secretary, Treasurer
Performing High Acuity Cases in ASCs: The Anesthesiologist’s Role
High Reliability Organizing Can Prove Successful for Anesthesia, Beyond
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Anesthesiologist to Know: Dr. Tom BlascoRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA