Private equity-backed groups are making headway in the ASC industry. Here are six private equity updates from the last month:
1. Philadelphia-based Premier Orthopedics is joining private equity-backed Healthcare Outcomes Performance Co. to integrate partnerships with orthopedic practices, physicians, health systems and payers in the region.
2. Private equity-backed hospital services company Synergy Health Partners acquired SoCal Anesthesia Solutions, a 30-provider anesthesia group.
3. US Eye, a physician-led, private equity-backed group, teamed up with Kelly Eye Center, which has five locations throughout greater Raleigh, N.C.
4. EyeSouth Partners reached 30 affiliations after completing a deal with Center for Sight of Northwest Florida in Pensacola.
5. Private equity firm Hammes Partners is building an $18 million medical plaza with an ASC in McAllen, Texas.
6. Sunvera Group, a private equity-backed management service organization, is teaming up with Wilkinson Eye Center, which has locations in Clarkston and Pontiac, Mich.